Here we go!
After Ghana and Kenya, we are ready to launch the SeedScience project in Uganda! 🇺🇬
And we’re looking for volunteers!
Our Partners in Uganda have already started the selection of science teachers and in June we will start the training, which will end in August.
During the training we will work with teachers and students with the aim to make teaching and learning more fun, develop interest in science, creativity and critical thinking skills. We will do this through science experiments rellated to local issues: Water, hygiene, pollution, nutrition and so on.
WE NEED ALSO YOUR HELP TO SUCCEED!
⬆️ Which are the requirements for a volunteer?
– being over 18 years old
– being fluent in spoken English
– minimum commitment to the field of 3 weeks
– creativity and flexibility necessary to work in an environment with limited resources
– adequate financial means to sustain the volunteering period
💥 What kind of figures are we looking for? 💥
👩🔬👨🏫 volunteer trainer
a scientific and possibly teaching background is required. You’ll work at the preparation and optimization of the experiments, participate in the training meetings, observe and possibly assist the local teachers teaching to their students. Any scientific background is welcome. Connect with us to share yours and see what we can create together.
📷📹 volunteer photographer
a background as photographer and/or video maker is definitely recommended, but not necessarily required. You’ll take care of documenting the project, meaning the training meetings, the lessons, but also the local daily life. of Kampala, Uganda.
📲💻 social network volunteer
a good experience with social networks, as Facebook, Instagram and Linkedin is required. You’ll participate with us in our activities and coordinate with photographer volunteers to share on social networks our project and tell everyone what is going on. This role may also be carried out without being on site, but a first hands-on experience of the project is definitely recommended.
You’ll participate to the project activities and support us in several tasks as the search of materials for the experiments, data entry and evaluation, photo and video making, and other possibly required activities.
How can you apply?
1. Contact us at email@example.com to show your interest and let us know more about you and how we can work together.
2. We will communicate your name to Bondeko center and Kawempe Youth Centre Uganda, our partners in Uganda, and you will apply with them to become a volunteer in the SeedScience project. Local partners will ask you to pay a daily fee of 13-14 $ to receive food and accommodation throughout your stay.
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? COME TO UGANDA WITH US! ✈️🌍